CANADA AND ALASKA 2020 | TOUR & CRUISE
Legend:IFM: In Flight Meal B: Breakfast L: Lunch D: Dinner
DAY 1: PERTH TO VICTORIAIFMD
Your holiday begins from when you are picked up from home by a private vehicle and transferred to the airport. Meet your Kings Tour Manager and fly to Victoria. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel. This evening enjoy a welcome dinner.
Hotel: Chateau Victoria or similar for 2 nights
DAY 2: VICTORIA / BUTCHART GARDENSB
This morning visit the world-famous Butchart Gardens, a 22 hectare showplace of magnificent, colourful gardens. Afterwards enjoy an orientation tour of Victoria’s Inner Harbour, Bastion Square, Beacon Hill and residential areas
DAY 3: GEORGIA STRAIT TO WHISTLERB
View this spectacular landscape from the air with a one hour floatplane flight over the Georgia Strait to Whistler (seasonal, must be pre-booked, additional cost). After breakfast drive north along Vancouver Island to Nanaimo. Board the BC Ferry and travel through the Georgia Strait to Horseshoe Bay. Journey inland along the Sea to Sky Highway as the road follows the rugged coastline with views of Horseshoe Bay on your left and forested parks and mountains on your right. You will have the chance to stop at the awesome Shannon Falls before arriving at the charming alpine resort of Whistler Village. This evening you are free to explore the village’s cobbled pathways and plazas.
Hotel: Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa for 1 night
DAY 4: WHISTLER TO SUN PEAKSB D
Travel along the scenic Duffy Lake Road lined with thick forest, into the town of Lillooet. In the afternoon head into the mountains to the picturesque ski resort village of Sun Peaks. This evening enjoy a special dinner involving an authentic Fur Traders presentation.
Hotel: Hearthstone Lodge for 1 night
DAY 5: SUN PEAKS TO BANFFB
Today you will be rewarded with astounding views as you reach the grandeur of the Canadian Rockies. Travel through British Columbia and into Alberta, enjoying glimpses of the soaring mountains as you make your way through the three spectacular national parks of Mount Revelstoke, Glacier and Yoho. Travel from primeval forests to Ice Age glaciers, waterfalls and mountain peaks. Late this afternoon we arrive into Banff National Park.
Hotel: Elk + Avenue Hotel for 2 nights
DAY 6: BANFF AT LEISUREB
This morning you will have breakfast with one of the best views Canada has to offer. Take the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain where you will witness inspiring views and enjoy a sumptuous buffet. The rest of the day is free to enjoy how you wish.
DAY 7: BANFF TO LAKE LOUISEB D
Enjoy a morning sightseeing tour including Bow River, the Hoodoos and Bow Falls. See the glacier fed Emerald Lake and the spectacular Natural Bridge. Prepare yourself for one of the highlights of your journey as you arrive at Canada’s “Diamond in the Wilderness”, the beautiful Lake Louise.
Hotel: Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise for 1 night
DAY 8: GLACIER ‘ICE EXPLORER’ TO JASPERB D
This morning we travel north along the Icefields Parkway, acclaimed as one of the most spectacular journeys in the world. Enjoy breathtaking mountain scenery as you pass rugged peaks and glaciers fringed by thick forest and shimmering lakes. We make a stop at the Columbia Icefield, North America’s largest sub-polar ice pack, where you’ll climb aboard the ‘Ice Explorer’ for a once-in-a-lifetime journey onto the mighty 300 metre thick Athabasca Glacier. The day’s end finds us in Jasper National Park. This evening we journey to Jasper Stables at the foothills of Pyramid Mountain and experience an authentic Canadian Rockies Western style dinner.
Hotel: Lobstick Lodge or similar for 1 night
DAY 9: ROCKY MOUNTAINEER TO KAMLOOPSB L
Today we set off on a two day rail experience on “The Most Spectacular Train Journey in the World”. Settle back in your SilverLeaf carriage (upgrade to GoldLeaf at additional expense). Enjoy incredible views of the soaring mountains including Canada’s highest peak, the awesome 3954 metre Mount Robson as you journey towards Kamloops.
Hotel: Kamloops Hotel (as assigned by Rocky Mountaineer) for 1 night
DAY 10: ROCKY MOUNTAINEER TO VANCOUVERB L D
Continue your journey on board the Rocky Mountaineer following the Thompson River and passing through the magnificent Fraser Valley. Late afternoon we arrive into Vancouver.
Hotel: Sheraton Wall Centre for 1 night
DAY 11: VANCOUVER / EMBARK ALASKAN CRUISEB L D
Today enjoy a sightseeing tour of Vancouver including Stanley Park, the waterfront, Gastown and Capilano Suspension Bridge Park. This afternoon head to Canada Place Pier to board the MS Koningsdam for your 7 night cruise.
Cruise: MS Koningsdam for 7 nights
DAY 12: SCENIC CRUISINGB L D
DAY 13: INSIDE PASSAGE CRUISING / JUNEAUB L D
DAY 14: SKAGWAYB L D
DAY 15: GLACIER BAY NATIONAL PARKB L D
DAY 16: KETCHIKANB L D
DAY 17: THE INSIDE PASSAGEB L D
DAY 18-20: DISEMBARK CRUISE / VANCOUVER TO PERTHIFMB
This morning we disembark the cruise ship and head to Vancouver Airport where you will begin your journey back to Perth. Upon arrival into Perth your driver will be waiting to transfer you home.
Discover the wilderness and wildlife of Canada’s west coast and Rocky Mountains, cruise the glacier-strewn bays of Alaska on-board Holland America’s MS Konsingdam. Board the famous Rocky Mountaineer train and delve into the pristine landscapes of Alaska’s national Parks.
- Home Pick-up and Return by Hughes
- Fully Escorted by a Kings Tour Manager
- The services of an Evergreen Tour Director
- 11 Day Canadian Rockies Experience Tour
- 7 Nights’ onboard Holland America’s MS Konsingdam in an Oceanview Cabin
- 2 Day Rocky Mountaineer Rail Experience, one of the world’s great rail journeys
- First Class hotels including all hotel service charges and porterage
- Luxury Coach with a professional driver
- Breakfast daily, 8 lunches and 13 dinners
- Port taxes and charges
- All tipping and gratuities
- HIGHLIGHT -Stay in one of the Rockies most stunning hotels, Chateau Lake Louise
- HIGHLIGHT -Travel on board the Rocky Mountaineer train for 2 days
- HIGHLIGHT - Marvel at Canada’s famous Lake Louise
- HIGHLIGHT - Cruise the famed inside passage
- HIGHLIGHT - Travel along the Sea to Sky Highway
- HIGHLIGHT - Discover Vancouver’s most famous sights
- HIGHLIGHT - Ride the Ice Explorer onto the Athabasca Glacier
- HIGHLIGHT - Ascend Sulphur Mountain in a gondola for a delicious breakfast with views over Banff
- HIGHLIGHT - Explore Jasper National Park with a guided walk through Maligne Canyon
- HIGHLIGHT - Enjoy a guided nature walk through the forest at Capilano Suspension Bridge Park
- HIGHLIGHT - Wander through the Butchart Gardens
- HIGHLIGHT - Experience Alaska’s number one glacier viewing attraction, Glacier Bay National Park
- HIGHLIGHT - Visit the Olympic ski resort town of Whistler
- HIGHLIGHT - Travel along the incredible Icefields Parkway
PLUS BUY 1 AIRFARE, GET 1 FREE – OFFER VALID UNTIL 30 JUNE 2019.