Travel Insurance is as essential as your passport, regardless of your travel destination. If you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel.
While most Australians travel safely overseas, some find themselves in trouble. Each year the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade handle over 20,000 cases involving Australians in difficulty overseas. In cases where the victims are not covered by travel insurance, such personal tragedies can be further compounded by a long-term financial burden.
Comprehensive travel insurance covers the policyholder for insurable events that may occur before or during travel, such as trip cancellation/interruption, medical expenses for injury or illness, theft of valuables, baggage damage and more.
The cost of travel insurance is based on the type of cover requested, the age of the insured, the destination of travel, length of stay and any pre-existing medical conditions. A wide range of travel insurance policies are available so shop around, including online, to find the policy that best suits your circumstances and travel plans.
Many people ask why insurance is necessary when travelling within Australia due to being covered by Medicare and private health insurance (if applicable). Comprehensive Insurance for travel within Australia covers you for trip cancellation/interruption, additional expenses and baggage. If you have paid for your interstate holiday in full and require to cancel for a reason outside of your control, you will be able to lodge a claim.
We specialise in worldwide travel insurance for Australian residents travelling internationally or domestically.
Travel Insurance is a contract. Always read the product disclosure statement and ensure that you understand exactly what your policy covers. Before you buy, please read the Product Disclosure Statement and keep a copy for your records. Please also ensure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
This is general advice and you should consider if the product suits your needs.
Aussietravelcover Worldwide Travel Insurance
Aussietravelcover is an Australian owned and operated company that has been protecting travellers for well over 30 years. Policies are underwritten by travel insurance specialist Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, AFS Licence No 234708.
Whether you are travelling for leisure or business, overseas or domestically, on a single trip or more frequently throughout the year, Aussietravelcover has an extensive range of plans to suit your needs and budget.
The Main Plan Choices
- TOP Cover ‘Traditional’ plans – cover more comprehensive higher covers and benefits.
- BASIC plans – for the budget conscious traveller but still providing comprehensive covers and benefits although at lower levels.
- If you travel frequently throughout the year you may want to consider an ‘Annual’ cover. It is only available if you are under 75 years of age and covers unlimited leisure trips up to 37 days at a time.
Before choosing your plan, consider the overall cost of your trip.
- Traditional plans provide unlimited cover for Cancellation and Loss of deposits.
- Basic plans cover these costs up to $3,000 on a single policy or up to $6,000 on a family policy.
- Both traditional and basic plans provide the all-important unlimited overseas medical/hospital cover.
- Other matters to consider before choosing your plan include the value of luggage and personal effects that you are taking with you.
Choice of Policy
- Single – covers you & your accompanying dependent children/grandchildren under 21 years of age.
- Duo – for couples, husband/wife, travelling companions but NO children included.
- Family – covers you & your spouse (or legal defacto spouse) and your accompanying dependent children/grandchildren under 21 years of age.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
The policy covers many pre-existing medical conditions automatically and at no extra cost. If you have a condition which is not on the ‘free’ list, you can simply apply to do a short over-the-phone assessment. Extra costs may be charged if approved.
For complete policy covers, terms, conditions, definitions and general exclusions, it is important that you read the Product Disclosure Statement to make sure you choose a plan that meets your needs as we can only give general advice.
Kings Tours and Travel Pty Ltd is an Authorised Representative (AR No 281599) for Allianz Global Assistance (AFS Licence NO 245631) which manages insurance on behalf of Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.